View our latest Coronavirus Update to see how we are responding to Covid-19
It is no longer mandatory to continue with face coverings, or social distancing – it is an individual’s choice. We would however ask that you consider our staff’s health and safety if you come into contact with them on-site by remaining at a distance and wearing face coverings if appropriate.
What We Advise You to Continue to Do
• Do not share cutlery/crockery between Cottages
• Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• Please dispose of your rubbish in the large wheelie bins on site before you leave the cottage.
Our Cleaning Regime
We want to reassure all our guests of the cleaning regime we follow when preparing your cottages so you can enjoy your stay with us at Tove Valley Cottages in the knowledge that everything in our power has been done to ensure the highest rate of cleaning is being carried out.
Proper preparation is important. It helps us to clean more efficiently and more safely.
Our cleaning staff are provided with:
• Disposable gloves
• Mask or cloth face covering
• Multi-surface disinfectant
Cleaning is when we remove germs and dirt from surfaces. For example, using a soapy cloth to wipe down a kitchen worktop or hob. It is important to complete this step before sanitising the space.
During the cleaning stage we:
• Dust, sweep or vacuum all floors
• Clean or mop hard surfaces (such as walls and flooring) with water and soap
• Wash all dishes and laundry
• Empty all rubbish bins and line with fresh bags
Sanitising is when we use chemicals to reduce the number of bacteria. During this step, we sanitise all high-touch surfaces. For example, spraying chemical disinfectant on doorknobs, light switches, and cabinets.
During the sanitise phase, we:
• Spray high-touch surfaces in each room with a disinfectant spray
• Let the disinfectant stand for the length of time specified on the product label
• Allow the surface to air-dry
After cleaning and sanitising, we review the room-by-room checklists to ensure that all appropriate areas have been cleaned and sanitised.